Belay Glasses Without Bending Your Neck!
Eliminates Neck Strain
Three Fields of View
A Solid Frame Withstands Crag Use!
Easy On, Easy Off! Fits over most prescription glasses.
An Awesome Case Design!
In the Box
Belay Glasses 101
EyeSend belay optics eliminates neck pain by allowing you to adjust your field of view using the optics in the glasses instead of the muscles in your neck. They are the first adjustable-view glasses on the market that are of high quality and multi-pitch.
- Adjustable view angle
- Increased belayer comfort leads to a safer belay
- Three fields of view: Through, Over, Under
- Left-hand-only adjustment that works great with a GriGri
- Solid frame, made from 25% reused material, unlike plastic frames
- Easy on/off integrated using a neck strap
- An EVA hard-shell case with beefy 1/2" webbing attachment
- One planted tree for every pair sold!
- Great peripheral vision with large prisms.
Technical Belay Specs
- Climbing Glasses
- View range: 60° (low angle slab) to 120° (steep overhang)
- Weight: 50 grams
- Frame material: Polycarbonate plastic, 25% recycled
- Lens material: Anti-reflection-coated glass
- Mirror material: Glass
- Carrying Case
- Weight: 70 grams
- Material: EVA hard-shell case
- Webbing: 1/2" nylon with D-ring
Included in Box
- EyeSend glasses
- Integrated neck strap
- Case w/carabiner
- Microfiber cleaning cloth
- L-wrench for field servicing
- Spare screw
Designed and Built in the USA
Belay googles reflect the image of the climber twice. The first reflection is off the mirror-coated bottom of the prism. Like any mirror, this first reflection inverts the image of the climber. The image is reflected a second time off the top surface of the prism (due to total internal reflection), flipping the image back to normal.
Regular belay glasses use a fixed prism and therefore have a view centered around 60° from horizontal. Rotating regular belay glasses on your head does nothing to change the angle of view as increased refraction offsets the rotation. EyeSend’s adjustable prism allows the belayer to change the angle of view by adjusting the bottom mirror angle.
EyeSend glasses are designed and manufactured in Logan, UT, USA. Keeping the product as local as possible helps reduce the manufacturing carbon footprint and feeds local businesses.
The EyeSend Adjustable-View Belay Glasses are patent pending.
Great with some limitations
The adjustable angle is great and there is a large field of view. But it is quite unpractical to look above / below the prism to get a direct look at the climber, also there is more Chromatic aberration (is that the right term) than I was used to from other gear I tried. But overall, I love to product!
Amazing product and service!
Item arrived well packaged and comes with anything you would need including hard pouch, cleaning cloth and service tool. Sturdy design despite it being made out of plastic and nothing is lose which is a good sign I suppose. Well done to the design and idea behind this product. Highly recommended.
Great Belay Glasses
Love the style, adjustability, and that they are a local company! Highly recommend these glasses. The tool, and nice case are a nice addition too.